Restricting the Resize of the toolwindow in Docksite or the docksite.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.1.0560

Hi,

How to restrict the resizing of the toolwindow in Docksite or the docksite.

See Belowed example.

<Grid>
<docking:DockSite x:Name="basedocksite">
<docking:Workspace>
<Grid><Grid.RowDefinitions><RowDefinition Height="*"></RowDefinition><RowDefinitionHeight="Auto"></RowDefinition></Grid.RowDefinitions>
<docking:DockSitex:Name="docksite1" Grid.Row="0">
<docking:ToolWindowContainer><docking:ToolWindow Title="SAMPLE1"></docking:ToolWindow></docking:ToolWindowContainer>
</docking:DockSite>
<docking:DockSite Grid.Row="1" x:Name="docksite2">
<docking:ToolWindowContainer Height="70"><docking:ToolWindowTitle="SAMPLE2"></docking:ToolWindow></docking:ToolWindowContainer>
</docking:DockSite>
</Grid>
</docking:Workspace>
</docking:DockSite></Grid>

My above sample consist of basedockiste and two its child docksites(docksite1,docksite2).

I am linking the docksite2 with the basedocksite.As i run the appllication,my main window consist of two toolwindows displayed in respective rows.

I am dragging the toolwindow from the docksite2 and dockguide for the base docksite will be displayed and i am docking that toolwindow from the docksite2 into basedocksite at the top direction after that a splitter will come b/w docked toolwindow and the docksite1 toolwindow.

Problem1. Can i hide this splitter ?

Problem2. Now i can resize the toolwindow that is docked in the base docksite with the help of the splitter.So can i restrict the size to which it should not resize.

Means can i restrict the docked toolwindow in the basedocksite height to 100or any fix value and this docked toolwindow can not resize below the height of 100.

[Modified 12 years ago]

Comments (5)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

Sorry but there is no option to hide splitters, prevent resizing, or set a minimum size.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

As in the above sample

Can i fix the height of the shaded dockguide of the basedocksite  with in which the other toolwindows can be docked ?

Means if i drag the SAMPLE2 docking window(Please see above example) and this docking window is linked with the basedocksite and a shaded area of the basedocksite will be displayed with in which my sample2 docking window can be docked.so can i fix the top and bottom height of this shaded dockguide of the basedocksite and also fix the shaded left and right widtth of the shaded dockguide o the basedocksite.

After dragging the sample2 docking window if the user docked in the top or the bottom side tehn that docking window will  be displayed to that fixed height.

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

This question is starting to sound like your other one.

By the way, putting a Height="70" on a ToolWindowContainer is bad since ToolWindowContainers are transient objects that get created and destroyed as docking operations occur.  You CAN set the Height on the DockSite if you want since that is the outermost container of all docking, but that's the only thing you can set fixed sizes on.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

I can't set the height of the docksite,as it is outermost container of all docking.

If that docksite does not contain any toolwindow then height for that basedocksite is 0;

If i drag the toolwindow from the other docksite and that is linked with the basedocksite and hover the mouse on the basedockguide icons of the basedocksite ,it should display a fixed height shaded area of the basedocksite with in which my dragged toolwinodw can be docked.so can i fix the top and bottom height of this shaded dockguide of the basedocksite and also fix the shaded left and right widtth of the shaded dockguide of the basedocksite.

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Sorry but again, we don't support fixed sizes, so I'm not sure you'll be able to achieve what you are trying to.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.