ToolWindow auto-resize & tab location

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Aapo Puskala
Version: 10.2.0533

Hello!

Currently we have a bit old version (10.02.0533, released December 2010) or Actipro. We're considering an upgrade. I've read through the release notes of all new versions, but I'm not sure whether the following is possible. I must know whether these needs are currently possible to fulfill (with a new version if required):

a) Tool window auto-resize. So, make a tool window adjust automatically to its content. This is critical.

b) Hidden tool window tab location. Is it possible to move the tab of a hidden tool window to a different location. When a tool window is wide, the distance from the tab (located by default in the bottom left) to the locking pin is very long. So I want to be able to move the tab to the bottom right corner instead of left.

c) Alternative methods for unhiding a tool window. For example, double-clicking on the tab, double-clicking on the tool window title. Are there any?

d) This is a good bonus: Tool window stacking. Say there are two tabbed tool windows at the bottom of the screen. Both can be opened. When they're both opened, the other one covers the other one (so actually only one is visible at a time). I need to be able to display both at a time. Is it possible to display BOTH of these tool windows at the same time (stacked on top of each other), but still be able to make them both hidden and behave like they do now (sit in tabs in the corner).

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Aapo,

1) Sorry we don't have auto-resize features.

2) You could probably just call the toolWindow.Dock method and target its current container with the Direction.Content option specified.  I'd think that that would move it to the rightmost tab, if it moves it.  The only reason it might not move it is if it detects it's already in the same container, but I'm not sure if we have a check for that or not.

3) Do you mean in auto-hide state here, or in general?  I believe in docked states we already support those things.  Auto-hidden tool windows (at least in recent versions) do support dragging of the title bar and double-clicking it to remove them from auto-hide mode.

4) Sorry but no.  You'd have to dock them above each other if you wanted to see them both.  They'd be in separate tool window containers at that point and would have separate tab rows.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.