VBScript Language Support

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Brad Salmon
Version: 12.1.0560

I'm evaluating the SyntaxEditor WPF control.  I'm wondering if there is support for the VBScript language.  It looks like I could use the LanguageDesigner, but I was hoping there was already support built in or available via an add-on.  What are my options for using the control to support VBScript?

Thanks,

Brad

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brad,

Thanks for evaluating SyntaxEditor.  We include a free VBScript language definition with SyntaxEditor that does basic syntax highlighting.  You can see that shown in the SDI Editor demo if you go to the Languages menu.

SyntaxEditor supports the creation of advanced editing features for any custom language.  While we don't have an advanced add-on for VBScript, if you wanted to add more advanced features you definitely could.  Some feature areas are easier than others, but our Getting Started series of samples does a great job of walking you through building a complete language with automated IntelliPrompt features and more.  So it's a great resource for learning how to add various language features.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.