Execute a routine after Wizard Page gets displayed

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by David De Smet
Version: 12.1.0560

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm would like to know if it is possible to execute a method after the Wizard Page gets displayed.

I find how to do it before it gets displayed, which is by using the Selected event or by the SelectedPageChanged, but can't find anything after it gets displayed.

What I want to achieve is when a user clicks Next button, the next wizard page starts a process, instead of clicking a start process button.

Could this be done? And if so, how can I do it?

I'm using Wizard WPF component.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi David,
Because of the Wizard’s design in how pages are displayed via ContentPresenters, there is a delay before the WizardPage's render, which is probably what you're seeing. Still, they should show up pretty fast. What we'd suggest is using a BackgroundWorker in a SelectedPageChanged event handler to execute your method. The BackgroundWorker is a way to asynchronously execute code. Then you can update the WizardPage’s UI appropriately as progress occurs in the BackgroundWorker, and when it completes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.