Property Grid ExpandableObjectConverter and Refresh

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Tarquin
Version: 12.1.0560

Hi

I am binding the property grid to a parent class that has a property of a child class. Child class has several subtypes.

I have decorated the child property with an ExpandableObjectConverter and as expected it does expand on the property grid to show the child class properties.

When I change the the child property to a different type of child class the expanded part of property grid is not updated unless I call Refresh(). I have implemented INotifyPropertyChanged and I can see that this is having an effect as the property grid does show the new child class name on the property header.

Is there any way I can get the property grid to update without calling Refresh().

Thanks

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tarquin,

Thank you for the e-mailed sample. We've fixed this bug for the upcoming maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Tarquin

Hi Guys

Has this been released yet and if so in what version?

Thanks

T

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi, yes that should have been part of a 2012.1 maintenance release.  You can look at our Announcements forum for all the release notes for each version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v21.1.1) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.