Floating windows show a complex transparent preview when dragging them

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Brian Collins
Version: 12.1.0560

When I drag a floating tool window, I get a transparent preview of the contents of the window:

When I drag a docked tool window, I get a much simpler preview that renders much faster:

How can I get the simple and fast preview when I drag floating tool windows? The current preview is slow and it can take several seconds before it renders at all.

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brian,

We haven't really seen a slowdown with the rafted windows in the past, and there isn't currently an option to change the preview behavior.  Do you have a new simple sample project you could e-mail us that shows that slowdown?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Brian Collins

This seems to happen when the rafting windows contain Windows Forms Hosts.

An issue that I am having is that if I move the mouse over the rafting window title bar, click and hold the left mouse button, and immediately start moving the mouse, the rafting window will not stay under the mouse pointer. Your library doesn't seem to record the starting position of the mouse until after it has spent several seconds creating a preview. If the mouse is no longer over the rafting window title bar, the movement of the window will be relative to an arbitrary point.

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brian,

We've updated the code for the next build to turn off this feature if interop compatibility is active.  That should help.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.