Can't find RibbonStyles with 2012.1

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by David Sherwood
Version: 12.1.0560
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

Just installed 2012.1 and now I get build errors saying it can't find RibbonStyles and RibbonCommonDictionary.

So what happen to them?

Comments (9)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi David,

In 2011.2, we unified all native control styles from places like RibbonStyles to a common ActiproSoftware.Windows.Themes.SharedResourceKeys class.  There are equivalent and more style keys there.

Similarly, ActiproSoftware.Windows.Themes.AssetResourceKeys now contains a unified set of brush resources.  Brushes that were RibbonControl* now are a more general ToolBar*.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by David Sherwood

I am using RibbonStyles.ComboBoxKey and CheckBoxKey.  I don't find these in AssetResourceKeys. Also I am using themes:RibbonCommonDictionary.ContextualTabGroupStockColorCyan I can't find this anywhere. 

Do these keys and colors go by diffferent name?

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by David Sherwood

Ok. I finially found them. I found  "ribbon:RibbonStyles.ComboBoxKey" under "themes:SharedResourceKeys.ComboBoxStyleKey" and

"themes:RibbonCommonDictionary.ContextualTabGroupStockColorCyan" as "ribbon:ContextualTabGroupColors.Cyan"

I am sure that this new way is better and I'm am willing to change.  I just whish that there was some translate table to make this process a little easier.

Hi David,

A number of these things we list in the "Converting to 2011.2" documentation topics.  Both the main one and the Ribbon-specific one.  We'll add a little more info in the general converting one for the next maintenance release too.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Mick

Following up on David's post, is there any way to get a table that I can use to map the old names to the new ones?

For example, I'm using a key:

RibbonCommonDictionary.RibbonControlOuterBorderHoverBrushKey

and I can't seem to find a similar key in the AssetResourceKeys class ().

Hi Mick,

The latest maintenance release has updated documentation on that with some tips (in the main Converting to 2011.2 topic).  While it doesn't have a old to new mapping table, it does have hints like:

Many of the former RibbonControl* assets are now named a more generic ToolBar*.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by DChe

I am using the latest build and I am looking for the correct AssetResourceKeys for a ribbon:PopupButton Pressed state,  ribbon:Button Pressed state, and ribbon:ButtonGroup hover and pressed state.

[Modified 11 years ago]

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, I believe your company has WPF Studio, so you can download the default XAML styles/templates for our controls from your account.  Once you have those, just look up the proper XAML file for the Ribbon controls you are interested in and you can see what we use for the various control states.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by DChe

Thank you! The default XAML styles were what I needed!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.