Posted 12 years ago by Steven Cavanagh
Version: 12.1.0560

So the Ribbon keys and others were moved into QatBelowOuterBorderBrushKey with no aliases or backward compatability. OK, I can handle that. But the documentation just says to chase down SharedResourceKey members and use them.

Right. So, my current code uses QatBelowOuterBorderBrushKey. What do I replace it with?

How about a mapping sheet of old and new?

EDIT: For fellow sufferers, the brushes that were in the Ribbon assembly (or whereever) are in AssetResourceKeys.

[Modified 12 years ago]

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Steven,

I believe that brush was replaced with AssetResourceKeys.RibbonToolBarTrayBorderNormalBrushKey.

Sorry but we don't have a mapping available but we will add some more information to the main "Converting to 2011.2" topic for the next build.  Also be sure you look at the Ribbon-specific "Converting to 2011.2" topic as it has some info specialized for Ribbon such as how to handle what formerly was RibbonStyles and the contextual tab colors.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Steven Cavanagh

This has really hurt. After spending a long time developing a WPF project we're about to show the MD. We paid for the trial version we'd been using and now the whole look and feel is destroyed (all the MD *understands* is colors and fonts). I've got the code compiling and working, but had to guess what brush key is replaced by what, based on names that seem to look the same (for example there's now no expanderalternatestylekey but there's an expanderstylekey).

Theming is now mostly broken. The default theme we had was Office Black, which for some reason is now identical to Office Blue. 

I've even picked through the sample browser and tried to use the same keys, but for some reason if I set the background to AssetResourceKeys.WorkspaceDarkBackgroundNormalBrushKey and then set ThemeManager.CurrentTheme = ThemeName.OfficeBlack.ToString(), it's still Office Blue. Other themes work though.

EDIT: just found the "seperate office assembly" stuff. That must be it.

He's now asking why it's taking so long, and if I explain I'll get the rant about why we should never tie ourselves to third parties because this is what happens. 

[Modified 12 years ago]

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Steven,

I'm sorry you are having trouble converting.  If you need help in specific areas, feel free to email us and we will be happy to give you assistance.  We did these updates to help unify the look and feel across all our products.  By consolidating all brushes into a single reusable repository, we're able to make sure everything renders consistently and looks great together.  Our new native WPF control styles that ship with the themes updates also use the same brushes, allowing native controls and Actipro controls to intermix and render with the same appearance.  I know it's a hassle with all the changes involved, but it's the only time we've ever updated themes like that and the benefits of this system outweigh the drawbacks of making such a drastic change.  But also note that these changes were done in 2011.2, which was released 7 months ago.

The Navigation's "Converting to 2011.2" documenation topic talks about how its former expander styles were changed and their replacements.  I believe we chose to discard the alternate style and combine it into a single ExpanderStyleKey for that case.

The general "Converting to 2011.2" documentation topic talks about how Office themes were split out into a separate assembly that you'd need to reference and execute a setup method on to activate.  The steps to support Office themes are in that topic.  It sounds like you didn't do one of them and are probably seeing the default fallback Aero theme, which is similar to Office Blue.

Remember, the documentation topics on conversion are your friend.  Both the general and product-specific ones.  They often can lead you in the right direction on things.  Or if you get stuck, please don't hesitate to email us.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.