Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Fouques
Version: 12.1.0560

Hi,

I designed a simple dock site as follows:

<docking:DockSite Name="DockSite" DockPanel.Dock="Top">

<docking:SplitContainer Name="SplitGlobal" Orientation="Vertical" >

<docking:ToolWindowContainer Name="TWinContSequenceMainParam" >
                    <docking:ToolWindow Name="ToolWinSequenceMainParam" Title="Main Parameters" CanClose="false" CanDragToLinkedDockSites="False">
                        <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Height="40" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="35,0,0,0">                           
                        </StackPanel>
                    </docking:ToolWindow>
                </docking:ToolWindowContainer>

<docking:SplitContainer Name="SplitSequence" Orientation="Vertical">

<docking:ToolWindowContainer Name="TWinContSequencePowerUp" >

<docking:ToolWindow Name="ToolWinSequencePowerUp" Title="Power Up" CanClose="false" CanDragToLinkedDockSites="False" >
                            <ScrollViewer Name="ScrlVwrPowerUp" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Auto">
                            </ScrollViewer>

<docking:ToolWindowContainer Name="TWinContSequenceCycling" >
                        <docking:ToolWindow Name="ToolWinSequenceCycling" Title="Cycling" CanClose="false" CanDragToLinkedDockSites="False" >
                            <ScrollViewer Name="ScrlVwrCycling" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Auto">
                            </ScrollViewer>

<docking:ToolWindowContainer Name="TWinContSequencePowerDown" >
                        <docking:ToolWindow Name="ToolWinSequencePowerDown" Title="Power Down" CanClose="false" CanDragToLinkedDockSites="False" >
                            <ScrollViewer Name="ScrlVwrPowerDown" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Auto">
                            </ScrollViewer>

</docking:SplitContainer>

</docking:SplitContainer>

</docking:DockSite>

My question is the following : How should I do to set the autohide location ? With this code, the 2 first autohidden toolWindow autohides on top of dock site, and two last autohidden on bottom ; I would like the "ToolWinSequenceMainParam" to always autohide to top of the docksite, and three others always autohide to bottom of the docksite.

Hope there is a simple way to do that !

Regards,

Stephane.

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Stephane,

Sorry but when in tool window inner-fill mode (you have no Workspace), it will auto-hide to the side that it's closest to.  That's why you see the top two go up and the bottom two go down.

If instead you have a workspace in between the first ToolWindowContainer and the next SplitContainer, it should work how you want.

By the way, you never want to name containers.  They are dynamically created/destroyed as the user interacts with the docking controls, so having references to containers is a bad thing.  You should name your tool windows though.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the answer, it effectivly work with a workspace between the two split containers.

But the problem is : I don't need any workspace element, and I can't hide it, so I have a large unused space in the window !!

PS : I just name containers for xaml lisibility, I don't use it as reference.

Regards,

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Stephane,

When there is a workspace, the tool windows can easily determine their preferred auto-hide side.  However when without the Workspace (tool window inner fill mode), they auto-hide to the side they are closest to.  Sorry but there isn't a way to change that behavior.

Actipro Software Support

too bad !!! thanks for the answer anyway....

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0683) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.