Child language style

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Kasper
Version: 12.1.0561

Hi guys,

I would like to offer my users the possibility of customizing the general appearance of a child language, specifically the background color. In SE for WinForms, this can be done with the ChildLanguageBackColor attribute in the XML files, but I assume that the correct way of doing it for SE WPF is with a ClassificationType? I have tried adding one to my state, like this:

<State Id="12" Key="ASPDirectiveCode" DefaultClassificationTypeKey="ASPCode">

I want all of the code inside ASP tags to have the yellow color, but it doesn't seem to work, or perhaps it's just overridden by the child language? I'm not really sure how this is best done, but hopefully you can enlighten me :). I would like to hava a ClassificationType on the HTML language, that allows the user to define general text and background color for ASP code inside an HTML file - what to do? :)

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kasper,

Sorry but we don't have that feature in WPF at this time.  As a possible workaround, you'd probably need to render a background adornment over the child language's text range.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Kasper

Okay, well, it's not super important, I just know from experience that some people prefer the child languages to have a distinct background color :). Is it something that you plan to add at some point?

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Yes we agree, we do have it on the TODO list to look into.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.