Winform probelm with Prism integration with docking.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.1.0561

Hi,

I am able to register the usercontrol as the toolwindow using the prism integration with the docking.

This usercontrol consist of some wpf controls and some winform controls.

Suppose the height of the winform control is 100 and height of the main usercontrol that contain this winform control and some wpf control is 150.

so as i dock this toolwindow containing the above usercontrol to the top position of the dockguide then a docking splitter will come with that toolwindow.

So as i resize(decrease the height of the toolwindow) of  that toolwindow(consist of some winform controls and some wpf controls) using the docking splitter,then wpf controls will remain in that toolwindow but winform controls of that toolwindow will come out of that toolwindow as i decrease the size of the toolwindow from 100 that is size of the winform controls. 

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

WinForms always has some "airspace" problems in WPF because of the way it renders on top of any WPF content in the same Window. Problems with WinForms in Docking can be circumvented by setting the DockSite.UseHostedAutoHidePopups property to false and ensuring that the layout of the controls is done correctly. The problem you are having is most likely due to your layout logic because it works correctly as long as you keep the WinForms control in the content area properly. If you would like any more information on the matter you can read about it in the documentation under Topics/Actipro Docking & MDI/Interoperability/WinForms Compatibility.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.