Dock as the tab not working for the auto height or auto width for the docksite.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.1.0562

Hi,
Dock as the tab not working for the auto height or auto width for the docksite region in case of PrismIntegration with docking.

I am able to register the usercontrol as the toolwindow in the main application using the PrismIntegration with docking.

There are two scenarios:

1.My docksite acts as the region for the usercontrol(displayed as the toolwindow) is the one and only one docksite in the main application and my usercontrol will be displayed there as the toolwindow which consist of auto hide icon ,As i click on that icon it will docked as the tab and when i hover the mouse over that tab it shows the usercontrol content in form of popup or in form of window.

<window>

<Grid>

<docking:Docksite x:Name="usercontrolregion"></docking:Docksite>

</Grid>

</window>

It works fine.

BUT

Scenario2.

2.My docksite acts as the region for the usercontrol(displayed as the toolwindow) is of auto size in the main application and my usercontrol will be displayed there as the toolwindow which consist of auto hide icon ,As i click on that icon it will docked as the tab and when i hover the mouse over that tab it does not shows the usercontrol content in form of popup or in form of window ,i think its bacause of AUTO SIZE of that docksite. IS IT.......?

<window>

<Grid>

<Grid.RowDefinations>

<RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>

<RowDefinition/>

</Grid.RowDefinitions>

<docking:Docksite x:Name="usercontrolregion" Grid.Row="0"></docking:Docksite>

</Grid>

</window>

[Modified 12 years ago]

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kasper,

Docking windows are intended to take up the space you tell them to.  So I'm not thinking Auto size will work.  You'll need to give the DockSite some fixed size instead.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal

Hi,

As with the normal docking samples ,

When i click the auto hide button of the toolwindow it displays the tab form but when i hover the mouse it is displaying the toolwindow as the POPUP NOT DISPLAYING THE TOOLWINDOW IN THE DOCKSITE  SO WHY ITS need to give the DockSite some fixed size instead.

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

The DockSite needs to be told how much size it has to contain auto-hide tabs, docked tool windows, etc.  That size will not affect the auto-hide flyout since it is a popup, but it will affect the auto-hide tabs, docked tool windows, workspace, and other UI that appears in the DockSite.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.