Disabling "Next" button

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Vincent DAgostino
Version: 12.1.0302

Hello,

So, I need to disable the next button until a user selects one of a set of radio buttons. What I've done is to make an if/else sttement that checks to see if any of th erb.checked = true, in the next button handler and then try to set the .enabled button property to true/false. but it seems to never accept the false assignemen t (traced through the code and for sure it's being set).

I'm setting the property like this: 

wizard1.NextButton.Enabled = false;

Any thoughts? 

The plan is to set it = true on the radip button handlers. The reason I'm checking rb status is because I want to NOT have it disabled if a user uses back, then next, and had already selected something before hitting back.

thanks,

-Vin

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Vin,

You should set Wizard.NextButtonEnabled instead.  That will update the NextButton.Enabled property and is probably what is overriding your setting.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Vincent DAgostino

Thanks! In trying to do this, it did not like true or false, and I had to use ActiproSoftware.Wizard.WizardButtonEnabledDefault.False and set it for a specific page, not the wole wizard. Does that sound right? The button seems to be the same for all the pages, sinc ethe same handler fires on all pages.

Thanks,

-Vin

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Vin,

Yes that is correct.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.