Disabling "Next" button

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Vincent DAgostino
Version: 12.1.0302

Hello,

So, I need to disable the next button until a user selects one of a set of radio buttons. What I've done is to make an if/else sttement that checks to see if any of th erb.checked = true, in the next button handler and then try to set the .enabled button property to true/false. but it seems to never accept the false assignemen t (traced through the code and for sure it's being set).

I'm setting the property like this: 

wizard1.NextButton.Enabled = false;

Any thoughts? 

The plan is to set it = true on the radip button handlers. The reason I'm checking rb status is because I want to NOT have it disabled if a user uses back, then next, and had already selected something before hitting back.

thanks,

-Vin

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Vin,

You should set Wizard.NextButtonEnabled instead.  That will update the NextButton.Enabled property and is probably what is overriding your setting.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Vincent DAgostino

Thanks! In trying to do this, it did not like true or false, and I had to use ActiproSoftware.Wizard.WizardButtonEnabledDefault.False and set it for a specific page, not the wole wizard. Does that sound right? The button seems to be the same for all the pages, sinc ethe same handler fires on all pages.

Thanks,

-Vin

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Vin,

Yes that is correct.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0341) was released 8 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.