Visibility of the Dockguide icons.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.1.0562

Hi,

How to set the Visibility for the dockguide icons for a particular condition ?

For Example : i have 2  docksite named Docksite1 having toolwindow1  and Docksite2 having toolwindow2 and docksite Docksite1 is linked with the Docksite2 that means toolwindow1 can be docked in the Docksite2 or toolwindow2 with the  help of the Dockguide icons displayed in the Docksiite2.

But when io drag the toolwindow1 from the docksite1 then its also shows the dockguide icons in the Docksite1 that should noe happen.

As in the VisualStudio 2010 ,When i drag the toolwindow(Solution Explorer for the Visual Studio .net projects ) then its shows the dockguide icons for the linked docksite or the linkled toolwindows only not in the dragged docksite or the dragged toolwindow.

whenever i drag the toolwindow from the docksite then dockguide for the dragged docksite should not be displayed. 

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

Sorry but there is no option available to modify docking abilities in one dock site vs. another for a particular tool window.  The only possible workaround to get what you are looking for is to maybe handle the WindowDragging event and in there, alter the various docking capability properties on that source DockSite (like CanToolWindowsDockLeft, etc.) to false temporarily until the WindowsDragged event fires.  I haven't tried that though so I'm not sure if it would work or not, but it may do what you want.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal

Thanks alot................

its working fine.........

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.