propertygrid item name cell

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Mary Fontana - Rudolph Technologies
Version: 12.1.0562

After upgrading to your latest release (I was previously using old release (2011.1.0545))

I have a problem with a display name not being updated since my upgrade.

I have a collection of objects.

The name cell can change as well as the value cell.

I override the  DisplayName  property by extending ExpandableCollectionConverter.ListPropertyDescriptor.

I also have my own PropertyGridDescriptorDataAccessor.  And I have a ShouldNotifyParent return for this collection type.

I don't remember how I got this to work, but now after updating the pgitem.value,  the name does not get updated.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mary

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Mary Fontana - Rudolph Technologies

I was able to get  this working by calling  Refresh(PropertyRefreshBehavior.ValueAndChildren) on parent in my extended PropertyDescriptorDataAccessor. 

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mary,

Oh good, I was just writing up this reply, which sounds like it's what you ended up doing:

A lot of the refreshing code was updated in 2011.2.  There now are modifications to the IPropertyDataAccessor.Refresh method that you can read about in the Converting to 2011.2 documentation topic in the PropertyGrid area.  Please check that out and see if it helps.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.