A major new version of WPF Studio is now available. This version adds a new Metro Light theme, a custom Metro-like chrome for normal WPF Windows, several new micro chart types and numerous new features to SyntaxEditor such as an insert code snippet popup, delimiter highlighting, and move/select to matching bracket. The .NET Languages Add-on adds support for the latest C#/VB version syntax, improvements in the resolver's abillity to handle anonymous method results, and more.
Detailed Update List
- Updated the conditions that activate the primary document when a docking window is closed.
- Fixed a bug where the DockSite.ActiveWindow changed to null when a ComboBox drop-down was opened.
- Fixed a bug where several edit boxes were preventing a negative minimum from being reached.
- Fixed a bug where the brush drop-down of a BrushEditBox didn't properly select the gradient type when first displayed.
- Added new MicroCandlestickChart control that is designed to display price movements over time. Also added a new sample to showcase the candlestick chart type.
- Added new MicroBulletGraph control that is designed to present a single value and compare it with goals and expectations. Also added a new sample and demo to showcase the bullet graph chart type.
- Added new MicroBoxPlot control that is designed to visualize the statistical distribution of dataset. Also added a new sample and demo to showcase the box plot chart type.
- Added a workaround for an exception that could occur within TreeView when the Multiply key was pressed in a PropertyGrid.
- Updated SplitButton to support the popup portion being enabled if a PopupCommand is specified, even when the primary button is disabled.
- Updated buttons in the Backstage header to support the Invoke automation pattern.
- Fixed a bug where the ApplicationMenu wasn't properly including its items in UI automation.
- Added a new IntelliPrompt code snippet selection session, similar to the VS Insert Snippet popup.
- Updated the SDI Editor demo and Code Snippets QuickStart to demo the new code snippet selection session.
- Added a new IStructureMatcher language service that supports finding matching delimiters, and drives move/select to matching bracket functionality.
- Added a new DelimiterHighlightTagger language service that uses a structure matcher to highlight delimiters (bracket highlighting).
- Added a new Getting Started QuickStart to demonstrate delimiter highlight and move/select to matching bracket functionality.
- Updated how double clicking on view split grippers works.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Updated the C# and VB grammars and resolver to support new C# 5.0 and VB 11.0 syntax.
- Improved the resolver's ability to derive anonymous function result types when passed as generic method arguments.
- Added support for structure matching and delimiter highlighting.
- Updated the C# indent provider.
- Updated the VB lexer to better identify line continuations.
- Updated the token readers to prevent a possible loop scenario with documentation comments at document end.
- Updated how the resolver handles default properties.
- Fixed a bug where the resolver may not always handle array method results properly.
- Fixed a bug where parameter info didn't filter out hidden members properly.
- Added the new Metro Light theme (via a new optional assembly) that applies to all Actipro and native WPF controls.
- Added a new Metro-Style Window demo that shows off WindowChrome and how to use a window border and StatusBar background to reflect an app's state.
- Updated all editor-related styles to support a new corner radius asset, and updated the Asset/Style Override QuickStart to give an example.
- Updated PopupButton so that its popup content aligns to the left side of the control when in split mode.
About WPF Studio
WPF Studio / WPF Essentials Licensing
You can purchase our WPF controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the WPF Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves over 60% over purchasing all the WPF controls individually.
The WPF Essential bundle saves over 45% over purchasing its bundled controls separately.
That's some incredible savings!
WPF Studio Benefits
All WPF control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, if you own a WPF Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new WPF control products added to WPF Studio that come out within your year period. This benefit does not apply to WPF Essentials customers.
You can give all our lastest WPF control products a spin right in your browser as long as you have .NET 4.0 installed. Just follow the steps on this page to see live demos:
Download an Evaluation
You can download an evaluation of all our WPF controls from this page:
Upgrade to WPF Studio
Contact our sales team for information on discounted pricing for upgrading from one of our older WPF control product licenses to a license for WPF Studio, WPF Essentials, or a new version of a WPF control product.
Free Upgrades to 2012.2
If you own an older WPF Studio version or one of its products and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support