Register usercontrols astoolwindow for Docksite Inside Docksite in the PrismIntegration with docking

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.2.0570

Hi,

I am able to register the usercontrol as the toolwindow in the docksite but how  to register the usercontrols as the toolwindows in the Hirarchial docksite that means docksite which is child of another docksite.

For Example my layout is like\\

<docking:Dockiste x:Name="docksite1">

<docking:Dockiste x:Name="docksite2">

</docking:Dockiste>

</docking:Dockiste>

i have two usercontrols named usercontrol1 and usercontrol2  and these should be register as the toolwindow in the docksites docksite1 and docksite2 respectively using prism itegration with docking.

I think i am using the wrong layout in the xaml as spcified above so what should be layout for the above requirement.

Means Usercontrols hosted as Toolwindows in NESTED DOCKSITES using prism itegration with docking..?

[Modified 12 years ago]

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Correct, that layout will not work.  Our documentation tells which controls can be put in which so always review that when building XAML.  To do nested DockSites you would need to put your inner DockSite within the content of another tool window.  But in this case perhaps you need it within the UserControl content of a root tool window since that is where all your view is defined.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.