ToggleOutliningExpansionAction CanExecute

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Kasper
Version: 12.2.0570

Hi guys,

This is a very simple question: Why is the ToggleOutliningExpansionAction enabled even when the cursor is not near a piece of foldable code? I would expect that it would only be visible if I have already used "Hide selection" on a range of code and then placed the cursor somewhere within it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I'm pretty sure that I could work around this if it's by-design, but if not, perhaps you would like to fix it for the next maintenance release. Or perhaps I'm simply not getting how this action should work? :)

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kasper,

I believe we didn't do that since command can-execute calls get run a lot and checking to see if the caret is in a collapsible range (not to mention similar lookups for other can-executes on related outlining commands) will be relatively expensive calls.  We didn't want to bog down the entire can-execute process with that lengthier sort of lookup.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.