DockingWindow restyling

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Simon Rose
Version: 11.2.0555

Hi,

I'm currently doing some major restyling of the docking controls for an app I'm playing about with. Essentially, I'm going for a Visual Studio 2012 look when the dark theme is applied.

I've already applied it so that when a docking window is in autohide state, that the user has to press the AutoHideTabItem to show the hidden ToolWindow content. All my styling there is good.

What I'm struggling with is finding an appropriate property or set of properties I can use as a trigger on the AutoHideTabItem so that my IsMouseOver style is also applied when the flyout content is visible (i.e. the user pressed on the AutoHideTabItem to show it).

I'm not sure if I can create attachments, so can't really put an image on showing my problem specifically, but hopefully the information above describes what I'm after.

Any advice is appreciated.

Simon

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Simon,

I don't think we have a property that tracks whether the ToolWindow associated with an AutoHideTabItem is displayed.  The AutoHideTabItem.Content should be the ToolWindow instance.  Perhaps you could look at the ToolWindow's content's IsVisible property to know if it's displayed.

Actipro Software Support

Hi there,

Whoop, whoop, top advice. :)

Once I figured out it needed to be a DataTrigger, Content.IsVisible worked a treat.

Thank you for the prompt and accurate response.

Simon

PS: I have another question and I don't know if it's the right ettiquette, but I'll raise a seperate question for it

It's ok, I figured it out. I wanted to alter the chrome of the floating window, but didn't want to derive from DockSite in order to override the CreateRaftingWindow method to change the style.

I searched the styles and provided my own <Style x:Key="{x:Type dockingPrimitives:RaftingWindow}" TargetType="{x:Type dockingPrimitives:RaftingWindow}"> where I fudged the border to be 0 corner radius, 1 thick and change color when not IsActive.

Very cool. :)

Thanks again,

Simon

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.