Code Fragmentation not working

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Marcus Gabriel
Version: 12.2.0570

I'm using Syntax Editor for WPF implemented using the stock VB language. I'm trying to set code fragments in the editor. I set the header and  footer with SetHeaderAndFooterText. The call to this returns true and when I interrogate the document / code snapshot, the header and footer are set however the text still contains the complete code including the header and footer. The code in the editor is unchanged also. I presume I'm using the call correctly and assume the code in the editor should update to hide the header and footer. Am I understanding the function call correctly?

Thanks,

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Marcus Gabriel

OK I now realise that I was using the call incorrectly (I included the header and footer in the text -- oops). I now have another issue though, if I include a \n in the header I get the following exception:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException was unhandled

Message=StartIndex cannot be less than zero.

Parameter name: startIndex

Source=mscorlib P

aramName=startIndex

StackTrace:

at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)

at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at #PZc.#VZc.ToString(Int32 startOffset, Int32 endOffset)

at #PZc.#SZc.GetSubstring(Int32 offset, Int32 length)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.VB.Implementation.VBOutliningSource.#wU(ITextBufferReader reader, ClassDeclaration astNode)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.VB.Implementation.VBOutliningSource.AddNodesRecursive(ITextBufferReader reader, IAstNode astNode)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.VB.Implementation.VBOutliningSource.AddNodesFromParseData(IDotNetParseData parseData)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.VB.Implementation.VBOutliner.GetOutliningSource(ITextSnapshot snapshot)

at #b3b.#a3b.GetOutliningSource(Nullable'1& updateTrigger)

at #b3b.#a3b.#0gc(Nullable'1 updateTrigger, TextSnapshotRange targetSnapshotRange, Boolean autoCollapse)

at #b3b.#a3b.#dgc(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler'1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Implementation.CodeDocument.OnParseDataChanged(ParseDataPropertyChangedEventArgs e)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Implementation.CodeDocument.set_ParseData(IParseData value)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Implementation.CodeDocument.NotifyParseComplete(IParseRequest request, IParseData result)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Implementation.CodeDocument.#bGc(IParseRequest request, IParseData result)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Parsing.Implementation.ThreadedParseRequestDispatcher.#g.#0Yc.#nXc(IParseRequest request)

at ActiproSoftware.Text.Parsing.Implementation.ThreadedParseRequestDispatcher.#g.#0Yc.#56c()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() InnerException:  

This doesn't happen if I put the same character in the footer. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Marcus,

We're waiting on the reply to the support ticket you also submitted on this issue.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.