I'd like to report what I think is a bug with the ITextSnapshot.FindNext implementation when searching up and using the regular expression pattern provider. This bug can easily be seen in the sample browser:
- Run the sample browser and go to the "Search - Custom Pattern Provider" sample.
- In the 'Find what:' box, type [est]+
- Ensure regular expression is the selected search type, and 'Search Up' is ticked.
- Replace all the text in the syntax editor document with 'test'
- Move the cursor to the end of the text in the syntax editor document
- Press the find next button, and notice that only the last 't' in 'test' is highlighted.
- If you press it again, you'll now see that 'st' is highlighted, and so on, until all of 'test' is highlighted.
I would expect for the entire text ('test') to be highlighted the first time I press the find next button.
Do you agree that this is a bug?