Select highlighting a row in the Syntax Editor control.

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Krispy
Hello - I am using a SyntaxEditor control where the CurrentLineHighlightingVisible property is set to true.

This works/looks great, but I just have a minor issue when trying to select highlight a row.

If I hover the mouse cursor over the left hand side of a row and single click to select the entire row - the row is highlighting as expected, however the caret/cursor moves to the beginning of the next row which then triggers the SyntaxEditor.CurrentLineHighting on the second row.

This results in the Syntax Editor having two rows highlighted, which might appear a little confusing to the end user.

Is it possible for the user to select highlight a row without the cursor/caret moving to the beginning of the next row?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
This is one of those scenarios where there is no real perfect solution. While the situation you describe can be a bit confusing, it is accurately indicating the line where the caret is displayed.

If we would create alternate behavior for this scenario, then it could possibly be even more confusing for the end user because then sometimes the current line highlighting would follow the caret and other times it wouldn't. That might be worse than what is currently implemented.

Unfortunately the caret must move to the next line during line selection or else the line feed will not be contained in the selection and therefore would not be removed if you press Delete.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Krispy
No problem - thanks for explaining that so clearly.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.