Auto-Complete on Special Character

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Ryan Howard
Version: 12.2.0571

Hi,

I'm having an issue with getting the intellisense to complete a selection by the user typing in the last special character. I have a CompletionSession setup, and everything is working fine except for this scenario:

session.Items.Add(new CompletionItem("SELECT *", new CommonImageSourceProvider(CommonImage.PropertyPublic),
new DirectContentProvider("ItemDescription"), "SELECT * FROM", null));

I've also setup the session for exact match:

session.MatchOptions = CompletionMatchOptions.RequiresExact;

When the user types in "SELECT *", the popup dialog with selection items never goes away, and the completion never happens. I'm expecting it to auto complete the input to "SELECT * FROM". What's the requirement for recognizing these types of inputs?

Thanks,

Ryan

Comments (3)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ryan,

Perhaps you need to add characters like "space" and "*" into the AllowedCharacters collection?  Or if I misunderstand the problem, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and e-mail it to our support address.  Be sure to rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Ryan Howard

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion, and the functionality of "AllowedCharacters" for the CompletionSession works for its intended purpose, but not for what I need. What the change did for my scenario, is instead of typing "SELECT *" and it auto-completing to "SELECT * FROM*", it simply accepted the character as valid to be typed, but didn't close the session and replace text at all. It just accepted it, but didn't accept it as a character to complete the sentence with.

It doesn't see the '*' character as a normal character, such as a, b, c i, or any other letter. It ignores it for phrase completion altogether, but allows it to be typed.

Does this make sense? If you still don't have any ideas, I can definitely send you a sample project.

Thanks!

Ryan

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ryan,

A small sample project to our support address would probably help clear things up.  Please keep it as simple as possible and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Reference this post in your email and give instructions on how to see the problem.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.