Printing Capabilities - ToolWindow & Contents

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.1.0545

Hi,

I have built a dashboard analysis application using Actipro - I currently have a main toolwindow containing many toolwindows (each a different wpf chart). The user can add new child toolwindows and move the toolwindows around inside the main toolwindow (all set to inner-fill).

What I would like to do is provide functionality that allows the user to be able to print the main toolwindow (and therefore all the contents). I understand there is simple code in VB to show a dialog to select a printer and print a designated toolwindow/object.

However, I am wondering if there is any additional functionality/commands in Actipro that allows me to do the following:

* Show a 'Print Preview'

* allow 'Fit To Page' where I do not have to resize the main toolwindow (i.e. it is the same image but resized and ratios kept the same)

* Ability to save as a pdf

I am using an older version of Actipro as it does what is required at the moment - however will be upgrading in the new year if printing features part of any new release that is currently available.

Thanks,

Bret

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bret,

We do have a ZoomContentControl in our Navigation product that may be of some use in this regard for viewing a screenshot you take.  But we don't have anything related to saving as a PDF.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0675) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.