Posted 11 years ago by revanmj

Could you add support for "Open with" menu so we could open files with code in Code Writer right from Windows Explorer? It is possible as several apps already support it (for example Metro version of Adobe Reader or Microsoft Photos app).

Comments (6)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello and thank you for the suggestion.  Yes, that is a high priority item on our TODO list.  We hope to get it in for the next version or the one after that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Clint Brown - VP Development, eSSETS, Inc.

I agree with this request. I've been liking CodeWriter enough to want to make it the default editor but found that to be a problem.

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

We're happy to announce that this is added for the upcoming v1.3!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Gregory

hi this would be really great
but you told it would be released in version 1.3 but I can not use this feature with files .asp extension

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gregory,

In v1.3 we added file associations for file types we currently support.  We have to specifically code this on our end for each file type, before we compile and upload to the Windows Store.

Unfortunately it can't be set at run-time.  This means that while in v1.3, you can now in the Settings for the app set up .asp as an extension it can open in the Browse picker, that won't affect the file associations in the desktop.  Microsoft doesn't allow us to dynamically update those like we can the Browse picker.

.asp file associations will be added though when we add an ASP file type in the future.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Gregory

ok, I'm looking forward to this change :)
thanks for the super fast feedback

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.