It would be nice to have at least one editor that decently supports CUDA Kernels.
From "Minimum File Type Info Needed":
- The file type name: CUDA Kernel Source
- The filename extensions that are used by the file type: .cu
- A brief description telling what it is used for: CUDA Kernel in super simplistic explanation is the part of code that runs on GPU, providing massive parallelism and great performance in computations.
- The URL to full specifications of the file type: http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-c-programming-guide/index.html#c-language-extensions
- Where specifically can the language's list of keywords, comment styles, etc. be found: It is a C language with extensions (see point 4)
- How is the language commented, and what commenting style makes the most sense for comment/uncomment selection features: see point 5
- Which delimiters make sense to be highlighted in delimiter highlighting: see point 6 :)
- Links to example code for the file type: http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-c-programming-guide/index.html#kernels