Variable Font types/sizes and the StyleEditor Dialog

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Marianne
One of your selling points is to be able to use variable font types/sizes for different styles. After seeing the new Style Editor I assumed that choices made on that dialog would only affect the element that was selected, i.e. Keyword, Collapsible Text, etc. However, even in the sample that appears not to be the case. Changes made there seem to affect the entire language.

Since the other options on that dialog just refer to a single element (like underline, strikethrough, etc.) is it possible to update the Style Editor so that font family/size changes would be applied for a specific style and not for the entire language? Most of us that have been using this control for some time already have some external options area that controls the global font and size for a given language.

To make this as usable as possible, if an element does not have font info specified then maybe a 'Not Specified' radio button could be selected. If 'Specified' is selected, then the font selector and font size dropdowns would be enabled. Conversely, if an existing style had font/size info specified and the 'Not Specified' was selected, they would be removed from the style definition, meaning they would inherit from the language font/size settings.

Does this make sense? And if so, what are the chances we could see this implemented? Thanks!

------------------------------- Marianne

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Marianne,

Yes that makes sense. I'll add it to the TODO list for you.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Marianne
Is there an ETA on this one? Thanks :)

------------------------------- Marianne

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry, no ETA yet... it's low on the priority list right now since the full source for the style editor form is available and can be customized however you need.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.