Maintaining the Regions inside the Toolwindow while in Floated State.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.2.0572

Hi,

How to Maintain the Regions inside the Toolwindow while in Floated State of that toolwindow.

Suppose my layout is like

<docking:DockSite Grid.Row="0" x:Name="Docksite1">

<docking:ToolWindowContainer>

<docking:ToolWindow CanAutoHide="False"x:Name="ToolWindow1" HasOptions="False">

<docking:DockSite Background="#6682b0" x:Name="Docksite2">

<docking:Workspace>

As in  the above Layout this Docksite1 and Docksite2 are the Docksite regions and these are also displaying in my RegionManager.Regions but when i float the Toolwindow1 and its not  Displaying the Docksite region named Docksite2 in my RegionManager.Regions.

That means Docksite Regions inside the Toolwindow are not mainted in the floated state of that toolwindow.

So How to Maintain the Regions inside the Toolwindow while in Floated State of that toolwindow ?

Comments (3)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

We'd probably need to see and debug an example of this to help you further.  Please make a new sample project showing it, with as little code as possible and submit it to our support address.  Be sure to rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by keshav bansal

Hi,

Suppose my sample  application Structure is like this

<docking:DockSite Grid.Row="0" x:Name="Docksite1">

<docking:ToolWindowContainer>

<docking:ToolWindow CanAutoHide="False"x:Name="ToolWindow1" HasOptions="False">

<docking:DockSite Background="#6682b0" x:Name="Docksite2"></dockong:DockSite>

</docking:ToolWindow>

</docking:ToolWindowContainer>

</docking:DockSite>

Suppose i have two views(SampleView1,SampleView2) and these view will be registered as the toolwindow in side in docksites named  docksite1 and docksite2 respectively.

When i run the application,SampleView1(Have the button named LoadSampleView2) will be registered as the Toolwindow in side the docksite1 using the RegionManager that will register the view with the region(docksite);

User Floats the toolwindow named ToolWindow1 and When user clicks on the button LoadSampleView2 of the SampleView1 ,i want to register the SampleView2 in the docksite2 using the regionManager like

SampleView2 sview2=new SampleView2();

this.regionManager.Regions["docksite2"].Add(sview2,"SmapleView2");

But i am getting error like When you are floating the toolwindow then,docksite named docksite2 inside that toolwindow will be removed.

Which means if i have docksite inside the Toolwindow and i float that toolwindow,user wwould not be able to add the view in that Docksite .

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

For something like this that requires a scenario, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and e-mail that over to our support address.  Reference this post and rename the .zip file extensions so it doesn't get spam blocked.

Alternatively you might also want to download our Prism integration source from http://actipro.codeplex.com and step through that to see if it helps you solve the problem on your own.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.