I recently got a bug report where an exception was thrown while loading the MSCorLib into the AssemblyCodeRepository.
The content seems to be already in the cache, but there is an IOException when accessing the file, saying the file is locked by a different application.
I was not able to reproduce the issue, so I am asking you, what possible reasons you could imagine.
The complete process is running in a separate thread, so multiple resolver instances could try to access the file simultaneously. I already tried that by making multiple threads in a loop, but it worked.
The cache path is the default path, so it's in the users temp directory. Since we are stuck on the 288 release, I checked if a newer release could have fixed the issue, but I didn't find anything similiar in the changelog.
Sorry that I cannot give you more information since I cannot reproduce the issue, but maybe you remember a similiar case or have an idea based on your background knowledge.
Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.