Text is entered from right to left

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Christel
Version: 12.1.0562

Hi,

have you any idea when the editor change the direction of input?

I have created two custom languages, I set the first language to the document of the editor.

The services, the editor uses are correctly set as well. Entering some words works fine.

Then I change the language for the same document.

When I enter some signs, immediately after the first sign, the caret moves to the left, in front of the sign. I enter further signs in "arabic" way, from right to left.

In which cases does the editor show such a behaviour? When no language is defined for the document?

Perhaps the language, I switch got lost, during my switching somehow.

As I looked now for hours but can't find a solution or any hint where to look for the problem, you may have any idea, what the editor is mssing?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers

Christel

Comments (1)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Christel,

When characters from right-to-left languages are detected, SyntaxEditor will edit the text in bi-directional mode.  This means that as you enter a snippet of Arabic text, the caret will jump to its right side, and as you press the right arrow key, the caret will move left, until the start of the Arabic text is reached.  At that point, the right arrow key jumps to the character after the Arabic text.

It should be similar to what Visual Studio does.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.