SyntaxEditor Grammer Designer

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Matthew Smith - Developer, One Plus One Solutions Pty Limited
Version: 4.0.0239
Hi,

Just playing with the Grammer designer. Using the sample ActiproSoftware.Simple.Grammar.xml as the base, I'm wanting to convert this to VB (which you have provided the functionality a little while ago for me).

I guess the one remaining issue for utilising this feature for VB.Net users would be to convert the node declaration stuff you have provided into VB.Net as well. For example:

<AstNode Name="AssignmentStatement" Inherits="Statement" Description="An assignment statement.">
                <AstNodeProperty PropertyType="AstNode" Name="VariableName" Type="Identifier" Description="The variable name." />
                <AstNodeProperty PropertyType="AstNode" Name="Expression" Type="Expression" Description="The expression." />
                <AstNodeDeclarations Type="Constructor"><![CDATA[    

/// <summary>
                    /// Initializes a new instance of the <c>AssignmentStatement</c> class. 
                    /// </summary>
                    /// <param name="variableName">The variable name.</param>
                    /// <param name="textRange">The <see cref="TextRange"/> of the AST node.</param>
                    public AssignmentStatement(Identifier variableName, Expression expression, TextRange textRange) : this(textRange) {
                        // Initialize parameters
                        this.VariableName = variableName;
                        this.Expression = expression;
                    }

]]></AstNodeDeclarations>
I would imagine this may not be as easy as done, but the main structure conversion currently works well. I guess the other option would be to provide a VB.Net equivelent.

Thanks again for the great control!

Regards, Matt

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matthew,

Actually we already have a VB variation of the Simple grammar in the VB sample project.
We did that so VB customers can learn from that one and C# customers can learn
from the one in the C# sample project.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Matthew Smith - Developer, One Plus One Solutions Pty Limited
Ahh.. Thanks - I'm sorry, hadn't realised you had done the VB version.

Thanks very much!

Regards, Matt

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.