Tab Highlighted Text Deletes Selected

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Ryan Howard
Version: 12.2.0573

Hi,

I'm seeing a problem with the Syntax Editor. If I write out a couple lines of text/code in the editor, then select it, and hit tab, the carrot position tabs out, but deletes all the highlighted text. I'm expecting it to tab out the selected text, not delete it. Is this a known problem, and is there a fix or a setting to change this behavior?

Thanks,

-Ryan

Comments (4)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ryan,

We aren't seeing that happen and haven't had any reports of it.  Can you tell us exactly how to repro it in our SDI Editor demo?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Aernout van Groen

I have seen something similar when commiting text from a completion dialog. If I remember correctly this occurred when text was selected from right to left. Then the start and end position of the selected text were in the wrong order. I solved this by switching the start and end position around in an OnCommit event handler.

Thanks for the suggestion Aernout. I haven't been able to reproduce this in the demo editor, but I'll give your suggestion a try!

-Ryan

Aernout,

What control did you hook into to use the OnCommit event handler? Where did you put this?

Thanks,

Ryan

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.