Vertical Column Guides

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Jeff Helman
Version: 12.2.0570

Is there a sample available that shows how to use the adorner layers to implement vertical column guides as the ColumnGuides property does in the WinForms control?  I've looked at the other adorner samples (like the alternate row shading), but I'm still not seeing an obvious implementation here.

The ColumnGuides feature was mentioned in an old forum post ("Converting SE 4 to SE for WPF"), but that was quite a while ago, so I'm not sure if that feature ever went anywhere.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry but we don't have anything built-in for those yet, or any specific samples.  However you should be able to easily add them with custom adornments.  The smoke text example may be a good place to start since it shows how you can render an element at a certain location (X, Y) within the view.  If you are trying to put a vertical line element at a certain character column, you should be able to multiply the column index by SyntaxEditor.CharacterWidth to get the proper X location.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.