Posted 11 years ago by Felipe

Before everything, congrat! Great idea to create such simple yet elegant software(by the way, I was doing the same, creating a text editor to Windows 8, dammit!).

I want to suggest to add, incorporate the possibility to open bat and  cmd, because as you can see here(http://www.ironpython.info/index.php/Self-executable_scripts) we will be capable to run python scripts just by adding the line  @setlocal enabledelayedexpansion && ipy -x %~f0 %*& exit /b !ERRORLEVEL! at the top of the script.  

I will be glad if I discover that Code Writer is able to output the "runned" scripts,... who knows? 

[Modified 11 years ago]

Comments (2)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Felipe,

The problem with Windows 8 apps is that we are limited by Microsoft in what we can do in terms of running external code or executables, for security reasons. Windows 8 apps are sandboxed and can only run code that has been designed to WinRT (Windows 8) compatibility.  We aren't given any API to run external .exe, .bat. or .cmd files.  Unfortunately our hands are tied in that regard.

That being said, we can execute URLs, open web services, or open a file with its default application.  I'm not sure if any of those kinds of things could possibly help, and we're always open to suggestions.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Felipe

Hi,.. good to know that you answered so fast...even without the possibility to execute code from Code Writer, what about just be capable to save a  file as bat  file, it will we be good enough ...

Thanks...

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.