Why doesn't an intelliprompt popup appear for generic type parameters?

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 12.2.0573

Background:

In the Sample Browser's C# Getting Started 02 sample, let's say I add the following line to the DemoTest method:

var bob = System.Linq.Enumerable

Then, I press <

I'd expect to see an intellisense popup, displaying all the legal types for the generic type parameter. But nothing happens?

Questions:

1. Do you consider that an expected behavior?
  2. If I wanted to add that manually, are there any included samples that would serve as a reference point? My main concern is ensuring I correctly identify the < character as a generic type parameter token, as opposed to less than.

Thanks,

-Craig

Comments (1)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Craig,

Sorry but we don't have that built in yet. We do have it on the TODO list and I'll add your request for it.

If you want to do it yourself, I would probably suggest you see if there is an identifier token before the '<' and if so, try to resolve it.  See if the result is a generic type.  If so, show a type list.  It might be easiest to show the normal completion list and filter out non-type or inappropriate type results before the session opens.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.