Adding user control as the DropDownContent of the BrushEditBox

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by KC
Version: 12.2.0573

I could like to add my own user control as the DropDownContent for the BrushEditBox (which I am using in my PropertyGrid), but I am having trouble binding the value of my user control to the BrushEditBox.

I tried doing something like this in my xaml:

<editors:BrushEditBox Value="{Binding Value}">

<editors:BrushEditBox.DropDownContent>

<MyUserControl Value="{Binding Value, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type propgrid:IPropertyDataAccessor}},
Mode=TwoWay>
                   </MyUserControl>

</editors:BrushEditBox.DropDownContent>

</editors:BrushEditBox>-->

Any suggestions please?

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi KC,

Our default template for the DropDownContentTemplate does this when binding the BrushEditor's Brush property to the parent BrushEditBox:

Brush="{Binding Value, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type editors:BrushEditBox}}}"

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by KC

I am still having a problem with the binding.  The values don't seem to bind up, but when I use Snoop to look at the values then the binding occurs.

I changed my xaml to your example, and I'm seeing the same issue.  Am I missing something?

<editors:BrushEditBox Value="{Binding Value}">

<editors:BrushEditBox.DropDownContent>

<editors:BrushEditor Brush="{Binding Value, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type editors:BrushEditBox}}}">
         </editors:BrushEditor>

</editors:BrushEditBox.DropDownContent>

</editors:BrushEditBox>-->

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi KC,

I'm not sure, but one difference I see is that we set the DropDownContentTemplate instead of the DropDownContent.  Our DataTemplate has a BrushEditor in it that binds the way I said.

I believe your company has WPF Studio so someone listed on the company account can download the default styles/templates for you.  You can look in the Editors/Themes/Includes/Styles/PartEditBox.xaml file to see our default setup.  That may help too.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0682) was released 30 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.