In our application we have a dashboard control to visualize key figures. The dashboard is a grid with 5 sections. 4 of the sections contain a user control that consists of a actipro wizard with two pages. Each page contains a diagramm to visualize the key figures. In the code of the user control with the wizard, we are switching between the two page in an interval of 10 seconds.
As I left the open dashboard running for a while, I noticed the increasing RAM of our application until I got a SystemOutOfMemory Exception. Trying to reproduce the error I found that the source was the dashboard.
1) I disabled the interval of the user control with the wizard so that the pages were not switched any longer. Memory usage kept stable.
2) Interval enabled but the styles and transitions that the wizard and the pages are using have been removed. Memory fast growing.
3) I removed the code that inject the controls on the second page. Memory still growing
4) Removed all controls that are injected on the wizard pages. Memory stable
5) To exclude the other user controls that are used, I changed the XAML and replaced the wizard and its pages with two content controls whose visibility I am changing when the timer interval is triggered. The memory usage keept stable.
As the dashboard is used in a larger application with prism and MVVM. Please inform me what you need so that you can reproduce the behaviour.