A major new version of the Actipro WPF controls is now available. This version adds a new full-size Charts product and a Metro Dark theme for all controls. SyntaxEditor gets new indicators features, its .NET Languages Add-on gets text formatting, and much more. The Sample Browser has been completely rebuilt with a new modern UI style.
Detailed Update List
- First product release.
- Updated live splitter resizing to support LayoutTransform detection.
- Updated to support text rendering with the current TextFormattingMode setting.
- Added UI automation peers to the various chart/graph controls.
- Updated the large SplitButton to not render a highlight over the button portion when the mouse is over the popup portion.
- Added an optional indicator margin and related indicator object model to display glyphs in the margin.
- Added several built-in indicator types (bookmarks, breakpoints, etc.), along with several new indicator QuickStarts.
- Improved editor views to scroll when a drag operation is near the edge of the control.
- Updated the Color Preview Adornments QuickStart with support for rgb(...) and rgba(...) specifications.
- Updated rendering so that highlighting styles with backgrounds that span a line terminator will fill in the line terminator's area.
- Added the IHighlightingStyle.BackgroundSpansVirtualSpace property, which allows highlighting styles with backgrounds that span a line terminator to render the background to the editor's right edge.
- Improved the print dialog so that it tries to remember printer settings between sessions.
- Improved highlighting style border rendering.
- Added numerous new helper methods to the CollectionTagger class.
- Added the TextRangeTrackingModes.LineBased option that can be used with taggers for tracking the text range of a single line.
- Added the IEditorViewTextChangeActions.TrimAllTrailingWhitespace method and related TrimAllTrailingWhitespaceAction class that trim the trailing whitespace off all lines in the document.
- Updated IntelliPrompt code snippet shortcuts to only be recognized via Tab key presses when the selection is collapsed.
- Updated IntelliPrompt code snippet template sessions to unescape $$ delimiters.
- Adjusted the order in which IntelliPrompt sessions handle input events.
- Updated the Sample Browser to initialize SyntaxEditor with some alternate highlighting styles when the new Metro Dark theme is active.
LL(*) Parser Framework
- Updated the Getting Started 4d QuickStart's grammar to show off usage of AstLeftAssociativity.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Added text formatters for both C# and VB, and updated related demos with format toolbar buttons.
- Added automated IntelliPrompt features for attributes.
- Added quick info for 'var' (C#) and 'Dim' (VB) keywords that shows the implicit variable type.
- Updated the IntelliPrompt tips for generic method calls to include the type arguments.
- Improved the resolver to handle lambda arguments passed to Expression<T> parameters.
- Improved the resolver to properly resolve overloaded binary operators.
- Improved the resolver to properly ignore overridden members that were intended to be hidden.
- Improved the resolver's ability to select overloaded methods with delegate parameters.
- Improved the assembly load code to try and prevent locking.
- Updated the display of documentation comment text to normalize whitespace.
- Fixed a bug where out parameters didn't show properly in C# quick info.
Web Languages Add-on
- Updated the IXmlSchemaResolver.DefaultNamespacePrefixMappings dictionary to be initialized with the 'xml' prefix.
- Added a new Metro Dark theme, that is similar to the dark Visual Studio 2012 appearance.
- Changed the WindowChrome.HasMaximizeButton, HasMinimizeButton, and HasRestoreButton properties to be nullable booleans, with null meaning value is based on Window's ResizeMode.
- Added the ParallaxConverter that can be used to create a parallax background scrolling effect.
- Updated the AnimatedProgressBar's rendering speed for indeterminate mode.
- Updated UnitConverter for XBAP compatibility.
- Fixed a problem with StoryboardTransitionBase that could lead to a memory leak.
- Completely reimagined with a new modern UI style.
About WPF Controls
WPF Studio / WPF Essentials Licensing
You can purchase our WPF controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the WPF Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves over 60% over purchasing all the WPF controls individually.
The WPF Essential bundle saves over 45% over purchasing its bundled controls separately.
That's some incredible savings!
WPF Studio Benefits
All WPF control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, if you own a WPF Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new WPF control products added to WPF Studio that come out within your year period. This benefit does not apply to WPF Essentials customers.
You can give all our lastest WPF control products a spin right in your browser as long as you have .NET 4.0 installed. Just follow the steps on this page to see live demos:
Download an Evaluation
You can download an evaluation of all our WPF controls from this page:
Upgrade to WPF Studio
Contact our sales team for information on discounted pricing for upgrading from one of our older WPF control product licenses to a license for WPF Studio, WPF Essentials, or a new version of a WPF control product.
Free Upgrades to 2013.1
If you own an older WPF Studio version or one of its products and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support