A major new version of the Actipro Silverlight controls is now available. This version converts to Silverlight 5 and adds a new full-size Charts product. SyntaxEditor gets new indicators features, TextFormattingMode support, its .NET Languages Add-on gets text formatting, and much more. The Sample Browser has been completely rebuilt with a new modern UI style.
Detailed Update List
- Changed target framework to Silverlight 5.
- First product release.
- Added UI automation peers to the various chart/graph controls.
- Added an optional indicator margin and related indicator object model to display glyphs in the margin.
- Added several built-in indicator types (bookmarks, breakpoints, etc.), along with several new indicator QuickStarts.
- Updated SyntaxEditor and IntelliPrompt popups to use the current TextOptions.TextFormattingMode setting.
- Updated the Color Preview Adornments QuickStart with support for rgb(...) and rgba(...) specifications.
- Updated rendering so that highlighting styles with backgrounds that span a line terminator will fill in the line terminator's area.
- Added the IHighlightingStyle.BackgroundSpansVirtualSpace property, which allows highlighting styles with backgrounds that span a line terminator to render the background to the editor's right edge.
- Improved highlighting style border rendering.
- Added numerous new helper methods to the CollectionTagger class.
- Added the TextRangeTrackingModes.LineBased option that can be used with taggers for tracking the text range of a single line.
- Added the IEditorViewTextChangeActions.TrimAllTrailingWhitespace method and related TrimAllTrailingWhitespaceAction class that trim the trailing whitespace off all lines in the document.
- Updated IntelliPrompt code snippet shortcuts to only be recognized via Tab key presses when the selection is collapsed.
- Updated IntelliPrompt code snippet template sessions to unescape $$ delimiters.
- Adjusted the order in which IntelliPrompt sessions handle input events.
- Updated how the selection refreshes its visual appearance.
- Fixed a bug where decoration adornments didn't always hide properly when within a collapsed outlining node.
- Fixed a bug where several SyntaxEditor margin properties weren't being applied.
LL(*) Parser Framework
- Updated the Getting Started 4d QuickStart's grammar to show off usage of AstLeftAssociativity.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Added text formatters for both C# and VB, and updated related demos with format toolbar buttons.
- Added automated IntelliPrompt features for attributes.
- Added quick info for 'var' (C#) and 'Dim' (VB) keywords that shows the implicit variable type.
- Updated the IntelliPrompt tips for generic method calls to include the type arguments.
- Improved the resolver to handle lambda arguments passed to Expression<T> parameters.
- Improved the resolver to properly resolve overloaded binary operators.
- Improved the resolver to properly ignore overridden members that were intended to be hidden.
- Improved the resolver's ability to select overloaded methods with delegate parameters.
- Updated the display of documentation comment text to normalize whitespace.
- Updated the binary assembly loader to handle a TypeLoadException in a certain scenario.
- Fixed a bug where out parameters didn't show properly in C# quick info.
Web Languages Add-on
- Updated the IXmlSchemaResolver.DefaultNamespacePrefixMappings dictionary to be initialized with the 'xml' prefix.
- Added the ParallaxConverter that can be used to create a parallax background scrolling effect.
- Completely reimagined with a new modern UI style.
About Silverlight Controls
Silverlight Studio Licensing
You can purchase our Silverlight controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the Silverlight Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves 30% over purchasing all the Silverlight controls individually.
Silverlight Studio Benefits
All Silverlight Studio licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new Silverlight control products added to Silverlight Studio that come out within your year period. Please note that SyntaxEditor language add-ons are sold separately, even though they are demoed in Silverlight Studio.
Wherever possible our Silverlight control products share codebases with the corresponding WPF and WinRT control products, making it easy to transition code between the platforms.
You can give all our lastest Silverlight control products a spin right in your browser as long as you have Silverlight 5 installed. Just follow the steps on this page to see live demos:
Download an Evaluation
You can download an evaluation of all our Silverlight controls from this page:
Free Upgrades to 2013.1
If you own an older Silverlight controls version and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
[Modified 7 years ago]
Actipro Software Support