XSD Intellisense semi-broken in code-fragement edit

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Chris Ray
Version: 12.2.0573
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I've developed an XSD for our proprietary XML format. When I use wpf syntax editor without code fragment, the XSD/editor/documention/intellisense works perfectly. However, the instant I add a header/footer to the editor, the intellisense seems to act as if the header/footer aren't there. The validation appears to operate normally, considering the middle code fragment valid, when without the header/footer, it would not be. But the intellisense behaves as if the document is empty, no header/footer. In other words, it allows me to add the root element, which wouldn't be the case because the root element is in the header.

Things to note:

1. I realized while writing this that I'm using 2012.2.573 which is not the latest. I'll install the latest shortly, but I doubt it has to do with that.
  2. I don't have a license for the Web languages add-on just yet. It's working with the popup everytime I build. I'm getting approval for the purchase as we speak, but in case the licensing could be a cause of the problem, thought I'd mention it.

Thank you,

Chris Ray

Comments (4)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chris,

Could you make a new simple sample project that shows this with your XSD so we can use it to debug the issue and make sure any code changes we make fix the problem?  Please email that to our support address, reference this post, and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I have done as requested. Email sent.

Have a great Easter weekend,

Chris Ray

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the sample. We used it to locate the problem and have it fixed for the next 2013.1 maintenance release.

I hope the Easter bunny left you some good candy!

Actipro Software Support

Perfect, Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.