Exception running samples

Micro Charts for Universal Windows Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Michael Heydt
Version: 13.1.0121

I just got a license, installed that version over top of my eval, and I get an exception being thrown in ProductItemInfo.CreateElement, when trying to call Activator.CreateInstance.  Any ideas what this may be?  I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and custom project just putting a simple MicroXYChart on the screen, and those also get a similar error.  The InnerExceptio on this says "Unspecified Error".

Comments (4)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

H Michael,

That's odd... are you sure you are using 2013.1 license info with a 2013.1 install?  If so, can you write our support address and we'll work with you offline (so we can discuss details) to resolve this ASAP?

Actipro Software Support

I'll submit a ticket.

Well, I got this worked out.  Long answer, issue caused by my companies procurement system getting me the older version.  I went and downloaded the latest and I'm good.

Answer - Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

That's great to hear. 

Here's a helpful tip... In the future, if you encounter something like that, always check the innermost exception.  Normal exceptions (like a licensing exception in this case) that occur when XAML displays get "wrapped" by WinRT.  By looking at the innermost exception whenever you get some sort of XAML-related error, you can generally find the root cause of the problem.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0332) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.