Error opening locked files.

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Mike Griffiths
Version: 1.6.7

hi I get this error when trying to open some files.

Document Open Error This file was unable to be opened: - Log.txt: Access is denied (Exception from H RESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDEN lED))

Notepad can open them fine, maybe you could change the locking options when you open the file perhaps?

Code Write is an awesome and beautiful app, thankyou.

Thanks,

Mike G

Comments (3)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

We're glad you like the app!

We already are using a Microsoft-provided OpenStreamForReadAsync which I believe should just be trying to open the file with read access.  Do you have an easy set of steps we can do here to try and repro it and see if using any alternate file access APIs make a difference?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Mike Griffiths

The other app is writing a log file using a trace listener class.

All I can tell is that notepad opens the file without issue, so there must be a way of doing it, maybe not from a modern app though!!

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mike,

I was able to repro it by writing to a file from another app while trying to open the same file in Code Writer.  I tried all the available file accessing API that Microsoft provides to us and nothing allows us to open it, even when we specifically request read-only access.  I'm going to post in the Microsoft WinRT forum on this issue.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.