Search / Find Command

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Nick
Version: 13.1.0581

Is there a built-in command for showing the find/replace dialog?

Thx,
Nick. 

Comments (3)

Also, is there a reason why ScrollBarTrayTemplates have no datacontext? I'm wondering how to set commands for buttons there.

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Nick,

Sorry but there isn't a built-in dialog.  We do however have the EditorSearchView control that you can embed in any dialog of your own to provide the find/replace UI.  Please see our QuickStarts for samples on how to use it.

I don't believe we set any DataContext on the ScrollBarTrayTemplates at the moment. What do you think it should be set to?

Actipro Software Support

Well, your suggestion is exactly what I did. I built up a little helper to wire up the search functionality with an EditorSearchView. The issue I ran into was that I have a search button in the scroll bar tray, and I wasn't able to just bind its command property (I would have expected it to have the same datacontext as the parent control). Instead I had to walk the visual tree to find it and explicitly set its datacontext.

This seems like it could be a good addition: Add a built-in command which launches a EditorSearchView. Then all I need to do is add an inputbinding for ctrl + f and point my scrolltray button to that command.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.