Unnecessary close button on floating tool windows

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Tuomas Mäkelä
Version: 13.1.0310
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I've created a ToolWindow, which I don't want the user to close, so I've set the CanClose property to false. When the tool window is docked, everything is fine. When it is floating, however, a small close button appears.

Though the button does not close the window (it doesn't do anything), I'd like to get rid of it. Is this possible?

Comments (1)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, it's been a few years but if I recall correctly, there might have been problems with either the toggling itself or knowing when to toggle the close button (which is rendered by the Windows system) after various docking operations occur.  There are scenarios where you might start off with a single tool window that can't close.  But then another tool window could be docked into or next to it that does allow closing, and the close button visibility would need to be based on what is currently visible/selected.  I don't recall the exact issue but I believe we ran into problems in the past when trying to add this functionality.  So at the current time, we disable closing (when the close button is clicked) in scenarios where it isn't appropriate to be allowed.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.