UITestControl.exist problem

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Norton
Version: 13.1.0581
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

When I use some statement to judge whether uitestcontrol.exist,  the vs2010 needs to take a long time to run it. For example:

if ( wpfmenuitem _button1.exist )

{

mouse.click(button2)

}

else

{

mouse.click(button3)

}

VS2010 run this Judgment statement for a long time, more than 30sceonds, so I don't know whether is a VS2010 bug, or some wrong operation I did.

Is it a bug about vs2010 or not? I hope guys can help me to resolve the problem thx a lot!.

Comments (5)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Norton,

Sorry but I'm not sure what you are referring to here, like what framework you are using and how.  Can you please explain in more detail?

But regardless, I'm not really sure that we could modify anything on our end to alter things since it works fine in normal usage at run-time, and the designer functionality works ok too.

Actipro Software Support

Ok, thanks for your help, let me explain it further.

Our company develop a plug-in in ms-ppt, I use Uicodedtest to do some automation testing, below is the test case designed by me.

If button1 is exist, program will click it, otherwise click button2, code is very easy.

if ( button1.exist )

{

mouse.click(button1)

}

else

{

mouse.click(button2)

}

After I run this cold, vs2010 take a long time to judge whether button1 is existing. So I don't know why. This is  make me confused.

Thanks for your patient and help!

Hi Norton,

Sorry but I'm not really sure what would cause the slowdown.  Perhaps you could use a performance profiler app and use it to see if you can narrow down where the problem is.

[Modified 11 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

OK, thank you all the same, and I have another question is  in vs2012  I want to see the uicodedtest result by html, which function can make me accomplish this goal?

Hi Norton,

That sounds like a question that is better suited for whoever created the testing platform you are using, since it doesn't sound like it relates specifically to our controls.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.