Unexpected behaviour of auto-hide tool window

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Roger Rong
Version: 10.1.0521

We have multi auto-hide tool windows hidden on the bottom of a docksite . The problem can reproduce in the following steps:

• Activate one of them by clicking its tab, the hidden window pops up with its title highlighted to indicate it is an active window.
  • Go to the Windows taskbar to select another application, for example MS Outlook.
  • The popped up tool window still stays on the top, in front of the Outlook window, while the host window stays behind the Outlook window. It ends up with the Outlook window sitting between the tool window and the Host window.

I am not sure whether it is a known issue. Any suggestion of how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Roger

Comments (6)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Roger,

Do you have DockSite.UseHostedAutoHidePopups set to false?  I can't imagine this scenario if it was its default true value.

In any case, if you do, you might need to somehow detect when another application is activated and then call dockSite.AutoHideHost.Deactivate() method in that case to ensure the popups close.

Actipro Software Support

As usual, again your anwer helps us to resolve the issue quickly. :)

DockSite.UseHostedAutoHidePopups was set to false at some stage, not remember why. Change its value to true fix the problem.

Appreciate your help.

Roger

Hi Roger,

It would need to be false if you have interop (WinForms, ActiveX, etc.) content that is in the tool windows.  Since having it be false, enables workarounds for WPF's interop zorder issues where interop content always appears above WPF content in the same window/popup.  If you don't have any content like that, then we recommend leaving it its default of true.

Actipro Software Support

Yes, we have a browser control in a document window. It looks like that was the reason why UseHostedAutoHidePopups was set to false.

So I tried your suggestion to invoke dockSite.AutoHideHost.Deactivate() in the main window Deactivated event it seems that the tool window is deactivated but it still sits on the top of the other applicaiton.

I am thinking whether there is a way to auto-hide the tool window by something like dockSite.AutoHideHost.AutoHide() - but AutoHideHost does not have such a mehtod. I was trying to auto-hide the popped up tool window yesterday, but I it did not resovle the issue.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Sorry I should have mentioned, pass true to the Deactivate overload.  So AutoHideHost.Deactivate(true).

Actipro Software Support

That is correct, invoking the dockSite.AutoHideHost.Deactivate(true) in the main window Deactivated event works perfectly!

Again thanks for your help.

Roger

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.