Automation support for winform controls

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Bala
Version: 13.1.0310

Does any automation tools support winform controls

Comments (5)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bala,

I'm sorry but no, the WinForms control don't support automation tools.  Our WPF controls do though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Roman Batyuk

Could you provide me more information, how to develop automation testing on application based on Actipro WinForm component?  Anyway, I need to develop these. Do you have any ideas and examples? 

[Modified 9 years ago]

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Roman,

While some of the docking components should show up in the UIA tree, we don't really have any specific automation peers configured in the WinForms version to provide additional automation functionality.  I'm not sure it's possible to add those externally on your end.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Roman Batyuk

Thank you for the quick response. I have one more technical question. How to get access to every handle of window in ActriPro application?

What APIs of component to use for getting access to them? We have developer team which can expose them, we would be very happy if you gave us clear instructions and suggestions.

Thanks, Roman

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Roman,

Sorry but I'm not quite sure what you are asking for.  Every WinForms control in general has a Handle property though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.