How to set an image on Ribbon bar.

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by sravanthi
Version: 13.1.0582

Hi i have a logo for my app. I would like that logo/Image to display on rightside of Ribbon Tab.(ie: when clicked on tabs that image should be on to the right).Tried different ways ...No use. Any Suggestion ?

Also for testing purpose i used Background property for ribbon:Tab and also ribbon:Grop but my changes are not reflecting..(ie: Eventhough i set the color of the background, it is not showing..).

Comments (6)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Do you mean that you want to add something in the Ribbon.TabPanelItems collection, like we have our Help button on the right side of the tab area in the demo?

Sorry but Ribbon is designed to render similar to Office and support contextual tab group backgrounds etc.  I believe the Tab.Background is ignored in our default templates.  The only way to change that would be to alter our default templates, but I'm not sure that changing the tab background would look very good, so I'd lean against that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by sravanthi

Hi,

When tabs are selected we can see the buttons in the ribbon group below, My application logo needs to be placed on to the right corner of that Bar where we can loads our Groups and Buttons. So when every tab gets selected that image should be visible to the right corner.

Tried placing Stackpanel under ribbon:Tabs.... but stackpanel option is not available.

<ribbon:Tab>

<StackPanel orientation:Horizontal>

<ribbon:Group/>

<Image/>

</StackPanel>

</ribbon:Tab>

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Oh sorry but putting content on the right side of the tab's content area isn't available since the entire tab area is used for ribbon:Group display and handling their variants.  You might be able to do it if you retemplate Ribbon.  But I would rather suggest you put it in the TabPanelItems instead, which renders on the far right side of the tabs themselves.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by Ralph

I'm digging out this 6-year old thread to check whether anything has changed.
I also need to display a right aligned control in the tab content area (ideally on a particular tab only).
Is retemplating the Ribbon (and accessing the added grid/control from code behind) the only option?

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ralph,

Yes that is correct.  What kind of control were you looking to add there?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by Ralph

A vertically centred and horizontally right aligned TextBlock.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.