Deactivate CTRL+F6 action in TabbedMDI Container

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by SvenG - VIPA
Version: 13.1.0582

In a TabbedMDI Container with multiple DocumentWindows the KeyGesture CTRL+F6 seems to be used internally by actipro to jump to the first DocumentWindow.

To reproduce, just open one of the Docking & MDI samples in the Sample Browser 
and press CTRL+F6.

But I need the same Input gesture for a different action, so is there a way to turn this KeyGesture off for the Tabbed MDI Container ?

Regards

Sven 

PS: I am using v11.2.0552

Comments (1)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sven,

That might be tricky since it's a registered command binding on the DockHost class.  The DockHost static constuctor injects it like this:

CommandManager.RegisterClassCommandBinding(typeof(DockHost), new CommandBinding(DockingCommands.ClosePrimaryDocument, OnClosePrimaryDocumentExecuted, OnClosePrimaryDocumentCanExecute));

I'm not sure WPF provides a way to remove that type of command binding though.  Perhaps you could insert something that watches for that hotkey from within the DockSite's content element and mark it e.Handled there.  Then handle the key as you need.  That might prevent this hotkey from kicking in.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.