KeyTipAccessText issues with multiple ribbons

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Austin Spears
Version: 13.1.0580
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

In our application we have multiple "modes" which are usercontrols with their own ribbon controls.  When a user is in one mode, the others become collapsed.  Unfortunately pressing alt to bring up KeyTipAccessText only seems to work on the main ribbon inside of the ribbon window.  Once inside of a mode the ribbons do not respond to alt / f11 etc.

I am wondering if there is any way to make these key tips work?  So far I have toyed around with the KeyTipService.SetIsKeyTipModeActive with no luck.

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Austin,

Only one Ribbon can be registered on a RibbonWindow at a time.  What you could probably do when you want to switch, is remove the old Ribbon from the visual tree and add the new Ribbon into the visual tree.  I think that will allow the new one to register itself instead.

Actipro Software Support

This will be tricky since our secondary ribbons are buried in usercontrols, but I'll let you know how it goes when I get a chance to try to re-architect.

Thanks for the info.

Housing the main ribbon in a grid and then swapping it out as needed works fine.  Thanks again.

[Modified 11 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.